Oh my how life has changed. Baby Celia Rose Turner has arrived and we are now a family of four!
Here is your birth story little one...
I woke up Sunday morning around 3:00AM having contractions. At first they were bearable, so I wondered if this was "it." I woke up your Daddy and we started timing the contractions. Oh my, within just a few minutes they were regular and very strong. So, we sprung into action. Daddy jumped in the shower and I gathered a few last items for my hospital bag. Daddy also called Lorri to come and keep your sister Eleanor. By the time she arrived around 4:30 I was in a lot of pain with contractions every 3-4 minutes lasting about one minute. I was ready to go!
We got to the hospital and checked in (Mommy could barely speak to the lady and answer her questions between contractions). We got up to the room and everything started happening fast- nurses coming in, IVs, questions and lots of breathing. With each contraction I had to focus on something in the room and breathe hard. When they checked me I was 6 cm dilated- we were on our way! Well, little one, within about 30 minutes I was 10 cm and ready to push! Wow, you were ready to come! There was a little waiting for the doctor to arrive but when she broke my water, you were coming out all on your own! Two pushes and we heard the unique "Celia squeal." You were screaming, but perfect and lovely.
You were born at 7:30AM March 9, weighing 8 pounds 1 ounce and 21 inches long. It seems like just a few minutes and everyone was cleared out of the room and you were laying on my chest. Oh the best feeling in the world! So sweet!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment